Anti Ransomware Solutions <<back
PROTECT YOUR ORGANIZATION FROM RANSOMWARE by Bitdefender Gravity Zone Business Security
- Ransomware has quickly become one of the most infectious and feared threats in business environments. Ironically, the main cost is not the ransom itself, but the business downtime it causes – so it is not surprising that only a third of businesses believe they will recover from a ransomware attack without significant losses.
- To date, there are roughly 2.8 million known unique samples of ransomware and the numbers keep growing, with DIY ransomware creation tools readily available.
- According to Bitdefender Labs, over 400,000 new malware/ransomware variants are created daily, and 99% are only seen once before they are modified. Traditional signature-based AV simply cannot keep up because, by the time a signature is created, the malware has already changed.
How does Bitdefender GravityZone protect you from Ransomware?
- As an adaptive layered security solution, Bitdefender GravityZone provides multiple anti-ransomware capabilities, having all its layers work together for prevention, detection and remediation.
- Machine learning anti-malware - solution is automatically trained based on 1 trillion samples from over 500 million endpoints worldwide. Regardless of how much the malware or ransomware is modified, Bitdefender can accurately detect new ransomware patterns, in both pre-execution and run-time mode.
Advanced anti-exploit - Ransomware writers often use “exploit kits” that take advantage of zero-day or un-patched vulnerabilities to gain a foothold in systems. By focusing on attack techniques, Bitdefender protects your systems and prevents ransomware from spreading.
- Anti-ransomware Vaccine - additional anti-ransomware defense layer that works by exploiting flaws in the ransomware’s method of spreading, and stops it from encrypting.
- Real-time process monitoring - GravityZone solution monitors running processes and stops ransomware activities in their tracks, such as registry key modification, file read / write / encryption action.
Remediation / Clean up - Solution has the ability to terminate a malicious process, roll back changes and clean up all remnants of the threats.